From candy corn-shaped bowling to an outdoor projector you can use on game day, fall is likely to become your favorite time of year.
1. A fall-inspired bowling game to keep the kiddos in your life entertained (but if you and your pals want to turn it into a drinking game, I won’t judge).
Promising review: “These are bigger than I thought! I bought two sets to use as garden decor for Halloween and fall season. I have gotten a lot of compliments from my neighbors.” —Miriam H.
Get it from Oriental Trading Company for $9.99.
2. A set of LED pathway lights to ensure you won’t trip over your own feet while letting your dog in and out of the yard.
Promising review: “These lights are amazing! They light up from dusk till dawn, and the assembly and installation was so easy, a child could do it. They are completely made of plastic; would be nice if there was a fully metal option. I love the modern design.” —SarahSTL
Get a set of six from Target for $35.
3. Or solar-powered LED garden lights that’ll change colors and create the illusion of rising bubbles that’ll make your yard feel like an escape to Alice’s Wonderland while still ensuring you can see where you’re going in during those deliciously crisp fall evenings.
Promising review: “I actually got these for my visually impaired daughter, and they work wonderfully! Beautiful, bright, and entertaining! Best part is that they are solar-powered, so there’s no need to buy a ton of batteries!” —Michelle MacIntosh
6. An oversized block stacking game that’ll entice everyone in your household to put down their phone for a bit and step into the yard to get some fresh air while indulging in some *friendly* competition.
The set comes with 54 pieces and can be stacked up to 4 feet! It can also be played indoors when the weather gets too cold.
Promising review: “Bought this for a gift for an adult. The kids (ages 4-5) were so excited they wanted to play it right away and they did great! Lots of fun for all ages. Sturdy construction, smooth blocks slide well. Nice black carrying case fits everything. Came with a large wooden die that we did not use because we just took turns. Highly recommend.” —CassH
Get it from Amazon for $44.89.
7. An electric pressure washer you can use to restore your deck or back patio to the way it looked when you first set foot on it — so clean you could eat off it! But…maybe don’t.
Promising review: “Power washer was delivered Monday, it’s Wednesday and I have washed two cars, cleaned driveway and sidewalks, cleaned back fence, and the work keeps piling up, everything I see now needs to be cleaned! This little dude does not back down, plenty of power and it’s surprisingly not too loud. Soap dispensers work great, and the tips are easy to change.” —Mar
Get it from Amazon for $149.
9. Globe string lights that’ll transform your backyard into the hipster haven you’ve always imagined it could be.
Promising review: “Absolutely love the dim feature! These bulbs are more round than oval like others, but I love them. When they are off, there’s a cool yellow in them that offers a lovely aesthetic when not in use. Our pergola is wired for lights so we mounted them on and almost always dim them because the white pergola reflects the light. These lights have made our patio my new favorite spot in the house. My husband and I find the evenings so relaxing, we’ve literally grown closer together from spending time out under the lights in our new favorite place.” —fishurmo
Get them from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in 27, 48, and 97 feet).
10. A set of rustic wooden planters you can fill with all kinds of lovely fall flowers — they’ll look so lovely next to your freshly picked pumpkins.
Promising review: “These little planters are so pretty! They are perfect for succulents or small flowers and can be used indoors or outdoors. They do not have a drain hole but I was able to easily drill one in the bottom. Each one has handles on both sides. You could use these for decorations at birthdays, baby showers, etc., or for decor in the home with faux flowers, and many other things. I was really happy with them.” —LadyTsotsos_Beauty
Get three from Amazon for $39.98.
11. A portable projector you can set up in your yard for the ultimate game day watching experience each Sunday (depending on who controls the remote in your family)
My husband and I recently tested this out on a wall in our apartment and it was pretty freakin’ cool! I love Jessica McDonald’s (@thehealthymouse on Instagram) setup for watching Disney movies with her tyke! I can totally see laying out cozy blankets, pillows, and a tent for an outdoor movie night the entire fam will enjoy. This pocket-sized gadget has the capability of streaming Disney+, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube.
Promising review: “I was so excited when I came across Cinemood, because we had been searching for an alternative for my child’s room. The sleep timer is perfect because she likes to listen to lullabies before bed, and we often read the stories as well. Shadow puppets just blew her mind away, super cool! I enjoy finding new devices I can try, and this one surely did not disappoint. I originally bought it for the kids, but I’ve actually used it for movie nights, our friends are always impressed. I look forward to using it outdoors this spring!” —Elixir Premium Lab
Get it from Amazon for $349.95.
12. And an inflatable 14-foot screen to accompany the projector, because you might as well go all-out if you’re going to be spending more time than ever in your yard, right?
Promising review: “I purchased this inflatable screen for an evening fall activity for the family. After inflating and using I am wondering why in the world I didn’t buy earlier for the summer too. I wanted to see if I could inflate and set up this movie screen alone before asking for an extra hand. Good news, you can ! The directions were easy to follow and it’s only three steps. If anyone has those fun Christmas inflatables, it’s the same type of thing. In a matter of minutes the screen was inflated.” —Katie
Get it from Amazon for $199.99.
14. A portable grill you’ll be able to use to grill up a delicious feast even if you don’t have an abundance of outdoor space.
Promising review: “This grill is great! It has three burners so the things that you are grilling do not cook unevenly. I purchased a 20 lb-to-1 lb propane adapter and hooked up my 20 lb propane to it. It is easy to assemble. I usually prefer a charcoal grill over propane, but this grill came close to giving me the charcoal grill taste, it did not disappoint me. Awesome product!” —Michael S
Get it from Amazon for $249.99 (available in black, green, or red).
15. Or a fancy firepit that’ll also double as a wood fire grill and make you feel like you just became the owner of a off-the-beaten path, trendy backyard restaurant.
My dad recently got one of these to test out and has been so excited to take his grilling *and* backyard game to the next level. Not only does this fire pit look awesome and provide a cozy place for your family to hangout, but because it’s made with a specific COR-TEN material you’ll be able to cook all kinds of things right along the edges. Pretty freakin’ cool. If you’d rather *not* place your steak directly on the pit, you can go for their grill grate and cook it above the flames.
Get it from Breeo for $399.
16. Solar-powered mason jars you can hang from your fence or scatter on your patio table to bring a super cozy vibe to your yard.
Promising review: “Wow these are awesome-love them! Worked great right out of the box, simply turn on and hang. These are much different then the standard walkway solar light as they through off a totally different kind of light/glow. They really add a cool vibe to my outdoor landscaping. These are glass jars and they look beautiful. Great purchase.” —Tsuk
Get a set of six from Amazon for $35.99.
17. A macrame hammock chair you’ll find so inviting once the leaves start to change colors and the temperatures cool down outside. Mmm so snuggly.
I can’t help but daydream about curling up in this to read a book outside.
Promising review: “This swing is so neat! I love it so much. I had been wanting a swing for our deck area under our tree. This exceeded my expectations, I wasn’t expecting it to be just as pictured but it really is. And it seems to be heavy duty.” —Maggie D.
Get it from Amazon for $57.89.
19. An oversized outdoor blanket you’ll pat yourself on the back for buying after you treat yourself to a delicious spread of snacks and have yourself a darn good day in your own backyard. What could be better?
Promising review: “I purchased the Turkish blanket in gray. It washed up beautifully on gentle cycle with warm water and dried in dryer on medium. It is soft and very cozy! I bought the burgundy blanket for my daughter! It is a wonderful blanket and I highly recommend it! The shipping was incredibly fast!” —Peggy Kessel
20. A waterproof portable Bluetooth speaker, so you’ll never have to fumble with headphone wires when trying to set up some soothing music to accompany your outdoor reading sesh under your yard’s favorite tree.
I’ve had one of these portable lil’ gadgets for two years now (I own the Flip 4) and it hasn’t failed me yet! The music is clear and crisp even when I’m using it outside at the windy beach. Definitely a fan — it does exactly what it should!
Promising review: “This little speaker packs a real punch for its size. The sound quality on this speaker is very crisp and clear and the base is quite deep. I’ve owned and tested many other speakers in its class and they can’t compare. The durability on this thing is insane! I’ve thrown it down a 50-foot staircase onto asphalt and no problem occurred. I’ve dunked it in water on multiple occasions and nothing happened. The battery life of this thing is also kind of amazing! But I’ve got to tell you that this speaker has its limits due to its size. It gets the best quality use in small/medium sized rooms or small outdoor living spaces. Something this size has its limits. Besides that I highly recommend this speaker if you’re trying to make your final decision.” —Beckett K.
Get it from Amazon for $89.95 (available in nine styles).